$350 / YEAR
$506 / YEAR
$719 / YEAR
The average annual premium in Schertz is around $506 and can go upto $719. This is for a 30 year old female buying 50/100/50 coverage which is considered as the minimum liability.
Texas Car Insurance Minimum Requirement by Law
As per the Department of Public Safety in the state requires a minimum of 30/60/25 as explained below:
- $30,000 coverage for all types of bodily injury suffered by one individual in one accident
- Bodily injury suffered by two or more people is $60,000. The amount is the same for deaths of two or more people caused by one accident
- Damage to property or injury to others in one accident is $25,000.
Jump to Topic:
Best Car Insurance Companies in Texas and Rates Offered
The cheapest car insurance rates in the state is provided by Geico Insurance followed by Farmers Insurance. But the major players are State Farm, Progressive and Farmers insurance in order.
|Company||Annual premium (50/100/50)||Market share||Complaints|
|State Farm||$390||16.03% ($3,074,590,659)||119|
|Liberty Mutual||$550||4.36% ($836,938,040)||64|
Get a free quote from the best of 200+ companies in 90 seconds.
Find affordable car insurance in your city
We recommend you to get car insurance quote and compare rates before choosing an insurance plan. People save up to 50% on car insurance by using our comparison shopping.
Car Insurance Rates in Schertz by ZIP codes
The table below lists the average insurance rates for 50/100/50 (minimum liability) accross the zip codes in Schertz. We have omitted the zip codes that has same insurance rates. If your zip code is not listed in the table, please refer to the zip code near to you since the insurance rates will be same as of the neighbouring zip code.
Insurance Agents in Schertz, TX and Near by
0 miKDJ Insurance Agency204 Mill St, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 659-0312
0 miColombo Insurance Agency611 Main St, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 966-0601
0 miCynthia Guadarrama524 Exchange Ave, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 659-0234
0 miWill Peterson908 Fm 3009, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 566-8467
0 miAlex Hartman - State Farm Insurance1420 Schertz Pkwy Ste 170, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 658-8885
0 miCindy Deschamps1420 Schertz Pkwy Ste 230, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 656-1462
0 miMargaret Weese9330 Corporate Dr Ste 807, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 821-5537
0 miGoosehead Insurance - Carri Amescua9330 Corporate Dr Ste 603, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 487-0157
0 miChampion Insurance Agency17305 Interstate 35 N Ste 124, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 566-9407
0 miRick Cantara14791 Ih 35 N Ste 105, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 656-3276
0 miVince Trevino17331 Ih 35 N Ste 108, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 651-6265
0 miQSP Insurance Services17460 Ih 35 N, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 693-0305
0 miJohn Riojas Insurance Agency1304 Black Oak Dr, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 480-7073
0 miBill Hicks17460 Ih 35 N Ste 400, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 658-4642
0 miRobert Fay17305 Ih 35 N Ste 106, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 822-2877
0 miTri County Insurance Agency17460 Ih 35 N Ste 160, Schertz, TX 78154(210) 508-1992
1.76 miA-Max Auto Insurance506 Pat Booker Rd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 566-7000
1.76 miTrustStar Insurance Services117 E Langley Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 824-0020
1.76 miLora Sadler Agency418 Pat Booker Rd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 658-2828
1.76 miJohn Delgado410 Pat Booker Rd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 658-6291
1.76 miPaul Sanchez1017 Pat Booker Rd Ste C, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 659-0343
1.76 miDewitt Insurance - Todd Moore433 Kitty Hawk Rd Ste 1-213, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 659-1222
1.76 miAaron Zamora1831 Pat Booker Rd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 945-4500
1.76 miDan Liberatore2060 Universal City Blvd Ste B, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 945-8999
1.76 miBDI Insurance2060 Universal City Blvd Ste B, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 658-7411
1.76 miJohn Mooring1901 Pat Booker Rd, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 658-6264
1.76 miTexas Roadrunner Insurance Agency8522 Spartan Ter, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 391-4267
1.76 miGEICO - JR Williams3126 Pat Booker Rd Ste 106, Universal City, TX 78148(210) 658-6268
Learn More About Car Insurance in Schertz, TX
Helpful Info on Texas Car Insurance
Here is a list of useful information regarding Texas car insurance and driving in Texas roads.
|Total vehicles registered||24,527,939|
|Total uninsured motorists||14.1%|
|Estimated economic loss of all vehicle crashes||$38.4 billion|
Different car insurance coverage options available in Texas
There are different coverages to protect your family and your car in the event of an accident. It is always better to have enough coverage to not incur any loss in such scenarios. Below is a list of coverages available in Texas state.
- Liability covers for the payment to other car driver and car met by accident caused by you. Texas law requires you to have at least 30/60/25 coverage. This will cover for injuries $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. It also covers for property damage up to $25,000. It is better to have enough coverage than just having the minimum required 30/60/25 coverage to make sure all the losses are covered with your insurance.
- Collision covers for the expenses on your car caused by accident.
- Comprehensive covers your car cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism.
- Medical payments cover your's and your passenger's medical bills
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage but also covers for the loss of pay and other non-medical expenses caused by accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers for the damage to you and your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. This is required in Texas, but you can opt-out from this coverage.
- Towing and labor covers for the pay for towing your car and labor cost.
- Rental reimbursement covers the payment for rental car service used when your car which had an accident is being repaired.
The insurance rates mentioned in this article is based on the average amount for a 30 year old female purchasing 50/100/50 ($50,000 for injury liability for one person, $100,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) liability car insurance coverage. The premium rate can be higher or lower than the rates specified depending on the type of coverage one may choose, deductibles applied and the discounts offered by insurance company.