$394 / YEAR
$647 / YEAR
$925 / YEAR
The average annual premium in Port Arthur is around $647 and can go upto $925. This is for a 30 year old female buying 50/100/50 coverage which is considered as the minimum liability.
Texas Car Insurance Minimum Requirement by Law
As per the Department of Public Safety in the state requires a minimum of 30/60/25 as explained below:
- $30,000 coverage for all types of bodily injury suffered by one individual in one accident
- Bodily injury suffered by two or more people is $60,000. The amount is the same for deaths of two or more people caused by one accident
- Damage to property or injury to others in one accident is $25,000.
Jump to Topic:
Best Car Insurance Companies in Texas and Rates Offered
The cheapest car insurance rates in the state is provided by Geico Insurance followed by Farmers Insurance. But the major players are State Farm, Progressive and Farmers insurance in order.
|Company||Annual premium (50/100/50)||Market share||Complaints|
|State Farm||$390||16.03% ($3,074,590,659)||119|
|Liberty Mutual||$550||4.36% ($836,938,040)||64|
Get a free quote from the best of 200+ companies in 90 seconds.
Find affordable car insurance in your city
We recommend you to get car insurance quote and compare rates before choosing an insurance plan. People save up to 50% on car insurance by using our comparison shopping.
Car Insurance Rates in Port Arthur by ZIP codes
The table below lists the average insurance rates for 50/100/50 (minimum liability) accross the zip codes in Port Arthur. We have omitted the zip codes that has same insurance rates. If your zip code is not listed in the table, please refer to the zip code near to you since the insurance rates will be same as of the neighbouring zip code.
Insurance Agents in Port Arthur, TX and Near by
0 miBobby Holmes1120 Woodworth Blvd, Port Arthur, TX 77640(409) 982-1200
0 miTexas Farm Bureau Insurance9509 Highway 69, Port Arthur, TX 77640(409) 729-9400
0 miJ B Henry2340 Memorial Blvd, Port Arthur, TX 77640(409) 985-9382
0 miReynolds Insurance Agency3500 Memorial Blvd, Port Arthur, TX 77640(409) 983-2774
4.29 miMaria Flores5244 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 984-5819
4.29 miXpress Insurance4905 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 332-2204
4.29 miAmtex Insurance4210 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 985-2727
4.29 miApex Insurance & Professional Services3999 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 984-9912
4.29 miBetter Way Insurance Agency3880 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 982-0614
4.29 miJohnathan Tat3708 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 985-8828
4.29 miVui Pham2900 Gulfway Dr Ste 300, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 984-5020
4.29 miJulian Salter Company3230 Central Mall Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 729-3298
4.29 miKirk E Smith Insurance Agency8103 N Twin City Hwy, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 721-6646
4.29 miHerford Insurance8101 N Twin City Hwy, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 727-8876
4.29 miCraig Rankin4700 Highway 365 Ste T, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 727-4020
4.29 miTWFG Insurance Services - Buffy Hooper7735 N Twin City Hwy, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 722-6000
4.29 miTeneal R Callarman Insurance3204 39th St, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 985-8916
4.29 miRachel Reyes Ins & Financial Services3608 40th St, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 722-9203
4.29 miZulema Escobedo3308 Medical Triangle St, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 962-0088
4.29 miDirect General Auto Insurance3811 N Twin City Hwy, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 962-0777
4.29 miJoe Bolton5215 N Twin City Hwy Ste B, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 489-4990
4.29 miChristopher (paul) Pritchard6640 9th Ave, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 963-0155
4.29 miConstance Obrien-Little6640 9th Ave, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 853-1414
4.29 miHigginbotham Insurance3500 Highway 365, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 721-6400
4.29 miRobert Hamm8747 9th Ave, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 727-8869
4.29 miTWFG Insurance Services - Terry Cauthen8700 9th Ave Ste 102, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 729-2000
4.29 miTWFG Insurance Services - Kenneth McAfee3800 Highway 365 Ste 113, Port Arthur, TX 77642(409) 729-1223
Learn More About Car Insurance in Port Arthur, TX
Helpful Info on Texas Car Insurance
Here is a list of useful information regarding Texas car insurance and driving in Texas roads.
|Total vehicles registered||24,527,939|
|Total uninsured motorists||14.1%|
|Estimated economic loss of all vehicle crashes||$38.4 billion|
Different car insurance coverage options available in Texas
There are different coverages to protect your family and your car in the event of an accident. It is always better to have enough coverage to not incur any loss in such scenarios. Below is a list of coverages available in Texas state.
- Liability covers for the payment to other car driver and car met by accident caused by you. Texas law requires you to have at least 30/60/25 coverage. This will cover for injuries $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. It also covers for property damage up to $25,000. It is better to have enough coverage than just having the minimum required 30/60/25 coverage to make sure all the losses are covered with your insurance.
- Collision covers for the expenses on your car caused by accident.
- Comprehensive covers your car cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism.
- Medical payments cover your's and your passenger's medical bills
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage but also covers for the loss of pay and other non-medical expenses caused by accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers for the damage to you and your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. This is required in Texas, but you can opt-out from this coverage.
- Towing and labor covers for the pay for towing your car and labor cost.
- Rental reimbursement covers the payment for rental car service used when your car which had an accident is being repaired.
The insurance rates mentioned in this article is based on the average amount for a 30 year old female purchasing 50/100/50 ($50,000 for injury liability for one person, $100,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) liability car insurance coverage. The premium rate can be higher or lower than the rates specified depending on the type of coverage one may choose, deductibles applied and the discounts offered by insurance company.