$407 / YEAR
$602 / YEAR
$783 / YEAR
The average annual premium in Lancaster is around $602 and can go upto $783. This is for a 30 year old female buying 50/100/50 coverage which is considered as the minimum liability.
Texas Car Insurance Minimum Requirement by Law
As per the Department of Public Safety in the state requires a minimum of 30/60/25 as explained below:
- $30,000 coverage for all types of bodily injury suffered by one individual in one accident
- Bodily injury suffered by two or more people is $60,000. The amount is the same for deaths of two or more people caused by one accident
- Damage to property or injury to others in one accident is $25,000.
Jump to Topic:
Best Car Insurance Companies in Texas and Rates Offered
The cheapest car insurance rates in the state is provided by Geico Insurance followed by Farmers Insurance. But the major players are State Farm, Progressive and Farmers insurance in order.
|Company||Annual premium (50/100/50)||Market share||Complaints|
|State Farm||$390||16.03% ($3,074,590,659)||119|
|Liberty Mutual||$550||4.36% ($836,938,040)||64|
Get a free quote from the best of 200+ companies in 90 seconds.
Find affordable car insurance in your city
We recommend you to get car insurance quote and compare rates before choosing an insurance plan. People save up to 50% on car insurance by using our comparison shopping.
Car Insurance Rates in Lancaster by ZIP codes
The table below lists the average insurance rates for 50/100/50 (minimum liability) accross the zip codes in Lancaster. We have omitted the zip codes that has same insurance rates. If your zip code is not listed in the table, please refer to the zip code near to you since the insurance rates will be same as of the neighbouring zip code.
Insurance Agents in Lancaster, TX and Near by
0 miAllen Simpson1425 N Dallas Ave Ste 104, Lancaster, TX 75134(972) 218-9697
0 miSIG - Pruner Insurance Services1506 N I-35e, Lancaster, TX 75134(972) 224-3333
0 miAt-Cost Insurance Agency1550 N Interstate 35 E, Lancaster, TX 75134(469) 658-5178
0 miTexas Farm Bureau Insurance3380 N Interstate 35 E, Lancaster, TX 75134(972) 224-8247
3.66 miMalcolm Bihm183 Historic Town Sq, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-2408
3.66 miKen Allen Enterprise222 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 102, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 218-6700
3.66 miKimberly Giddings211 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 101, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-2302
3.66 miMomentum Insurance & Financial Services747 W Main St, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-1900
3.66 miLouis Taylor1053 W Pleasant Run Rd, Lancaster, TX 75146(469) 547-3550
3.66 miDebra Simmons1450 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 240, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-0490
3.66 miDeborah Naulls1450 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 240, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-0490
3.66 miA-Max Auto Insurance1450 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 148, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 227-5000
3.66 miDavid Jackson Insurance Agency1911 Crepe Myrtle Dr, Lancaster, TX 75146(214) 375-4283
3.66 miChris Davis3200 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 120, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 274-0400
3.66 miNelly's Insurance212 S Interstate 35 E, Lancaster, TX 75146(469) 727-0123
3.66 miCassandra Preston3250 W Pleasant Run Rd Ste 272, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 274-3276
3.66 miAtlas Auto Insurance908 N I35e, Lancaster, TX 75146(972) 230-5600
Learn More About Car Insurance in Lancaster, TX
Helpful Info on Texas Car Insurance
Here is a list of useful information regarding Texas car insurance and driving in Texas roads.
|Total vehicles registered||24,527,939|
|Total uninsured motorists||14.1%|
|Estimated economic loss of all vehicle crashes||$38.4 billion|
Different car insurance coverage options available in Texas
There are different coverages to protect your family and your car in the event of an accident. It is always better to have enough coverage to not incur any loss in such scenarios. Below is a list of coverages available in Texas state.
- Liability covers for the payment to other car driver and car met by accident caused by you. Texas law requires you to have at least 30/60/25 coverage. This will cover for injuries $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. It also covers for property damage up to $25,000. It is better to have enough coverage than just having the minimum required 30/60/25 coverage to make sure all the losses are covered with your insurance.
- Collision covers for the expenses on your car caused by accident.
- Comprehensive covers your car cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism.
- Medical payments cover your's and your passenger's medical bills
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage but also covers for the loss of pay and other non-medical expenses caused by accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers for the damage to you and your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. This is required in Texas, but you can opt-out from this coverage.
- Towing and labor covers for the pay for towing your car and labor cost.
- Rental reimbursement covers the payment for rental car service used when your car which had an accident is being repaired.
The insurance rates mentioned in this article is based on the average amount for a 30 year old female purchasing 50/100/50 ($50,000 for injury liability for one person, $100,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) liability car insurance coverage. The premium rate can be higher or lower than the rates specified depending on the type of coverage one may choose, deductibles applied and the discounts offered by insurance company.