$377 / YEAR
$482 / YEAR
$668 / YEAR
The average annual premium in Georgetown is around $482 and can go upto $668. This is for a 30 year old female buying 50/100/50 coverage which is considered as the minimum liability.
Texas Car Insurance Minimum Requirement by Law
As per the Department of Public Safety in the state requires a minimum of 30/60/25 as explained below:
- $30,000 coverage for all types of bodily injury suffered by one individual in one accident
- Bodily injury suffered by two or more people is $60,000. The amount is the same for deaths of two or more people caused by one accident
- Damage to property or injury to others in one accident is $25,000.
Jump to Topic:
Best Car Insurance Companies in Texas and Rates Offered
The cheapest car insurance rates in the state is provided by Geico Insurance followed by Farmers Insurance. But the major players are State Farm, Progressive and Farmers insurance in order.
|Company||Annual premium (50/100/50)||Market share||Complaints|
|State Farm||$390||16.03% ($3,074,590,659)||119|
|Liberty Mutual||$550||4.36% ($836,938,040)||64|
Get a free quote from the best of 200+ companies in 90 seconds.
Find affordable car insurance in your city
We recommend you to get car insurance quote and compare rates before choosing an insurance plan. People save up to 50% on car insurance by using our comparison shopping.
Car Insurance Rates in Georgetown by ZIP codes
The table below lists the average insurance rates for 50/100/50 (minimum liability) accross the zip codes in Georgetown. We have omitted the zip codes that has same insurance rates. If your zip code is not listed in the table, please refer to the zip code near to you since the insurance rates will be same as of the neighbouring zip code.
Insurance Agents in Georgetown, TX and Near by
0 miCHG Insurance40209 Industrial Park Cir Ste 103, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 843-0069
0 miKnippa-Buchhorn Insurance Agency4726 Fm 1105, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 863-2329
0 miTexas Insurance & Financial Services1911 N Austin Ave Ste 401, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 931-2937
0 miDragoo Insurance Agency110 E 7th St Ste 300, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 837-5770
0 miTodd Hargrove118 E 8th St, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 863-2587
0 miSteve Doering712 S Rock St, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 863-9291
0 miDarren Featherstone950 W University Ave Ste 209, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 836-9793
0 miStephanie Featherstone950 W University Ave Ste 209, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 868-8000
0 miThe Dollar Agency407 W University Ave Ste 100, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 869-2211
0 miHewlett Insurance Group7601 S Interstate 35, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 763-3500
0 miRonald Davis301 Leander Rd Ste 103, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 931-2591
0 miDoug Townsend301 Leander Rd Ste 103, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 931-2591
0 miPartners Premier Insurance Agency301 Leander Rd, Georgetown, TX 78626(512) 931-3724
10.72 miLauren Doering1530 Sun City Blvd Ste 140, Georgetown, TX 78633(512) 591-7366
10.72 miStraightEdge Insurance503 Woodland Park, Georgetown, TX 78633(512) 280-3500
5.43 miPaul Lapota1821 Westinghouse Rd Ste1150, Georgetown, TX 78627(512) 910-3736
9.3 miBryan E. Jamison1616 Williams Dr # A, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 948-0404
9.3 miMichael Kim1616 Williams Dr Ste A, Georgetown, TX 78628(972) 365-6989
9.3 miDon Homeyer1703 Williams Dr, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 930-5500
9.3 miEvans Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency2404 Williams Dr, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 869-1511
9.3 miMiller Insurance Agency3008 Dawn Dr Ste 205, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 868-5239
9.3 miJoe Farris3613 Williams Dr Ste 704, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 930-5022
9.3 miDady Insurance Agency3609 Williams Dr Ste 101, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 930-3239
9.3 miGeorgetown Insurance Agency2803 Williams Dr Ste 101, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 863-4388
9.3 miAllison Dickmann4402 Williams Dr Ste 105, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 868-1088
9.3 miJason Garner3010 Williams Dr Ste 218, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 931-2167
9.3 miLiberty Mutual Agency1103 Rivery Dr Ste 170, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 591-2172
9.3 miJanna Briggs1112 W University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78628(512) 930-5053
9.3 miMetLife Auto & Home - Georgetown4400 W State Highway 29, Georgetown, TX 78628(936) 828-3918
Learn More About Car Insurance in Georgetown, TX
Helpful Info on Texas Car Insurance
Here is a list of useful information regarding Texas car insurance and driving in Texas roads.
|Total vehicles registered||24,527,939|
|Total uninsured motorists||14.1%|
|Estimated economic loss of all vehicle crashes||$38.4 billion|
Different car insurance coverage options available in Texas
There are different coverages to protect your family and your car in the event of an accident. It is always better to have enough coverage to not incur any loss in such scenarios. Below is a list of coverages available in Texas state.
- Liability covers for the payment to other car driver and car met by accident caused by you. Texas law requires you to have at least 30/60/25 coverage. This will cover for injuries $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. It also covers for property damage up to $25,000. It is better to have enough coverage than just having the minimum required 30/60/25 coverage to make sure all the losses are covered with your insurance.
- Collision covers for the expenses on your car caused by accident.
- Comprehensive covers your car cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism.
- Medical payments cover your's and your passenger's medical bills
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage but also covers for the loss of pay and other non-medical expenses caused by accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers for the damage to you and your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. This is required in Texas, but you can opt-out from this coverage.
- Towing and labor covers for the pay for towing your car and labor cost.
- Rental reimbursement covers the payment for rental car service used when your car which had an accident is being repaired.
The insurance rates mentioned in this article is based on the average amount for a 30 year old female purchasing 50/100/50 ($50,000 for injury liability for one person, $100,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) liability car insurance coverage. The premium rate can be higher or lower than the rates specified depending on the type of coverage one may choose, deductibles applied and the discounts offered by insurance company.