$303 / YEAR
$472 / YEAR
$700 / YEAR
The average annual premium in Killeen is around $472 and can go upto $700. This is for a 30 year old female buying 50/100/50 coverage which is considered as the minimum liability.
Texas Car Insurance Minimum Requirement by Law
As per the Department of Public Safety in the state requires a minimum of 30/60/25 as explained below:
- $30,000 coverage for all types of bodily injury suffered by one individual in one accident
- Bodily injury suffered by two or more people is $60,000. The amount is the same for deaths of two or more people caused by one accident
- Damage to property or injury to others in one accident is $25,000.
Jump to Topic:
Best Car Insurance Companies in Texas and Rates Offered
The cheapest car insurance rates in the state is provided by Geico Insurance followed by Farmers Insurance. But the major players are State Farm, Progressive and Farmers insurance in order.
|Company||Annual premium (50/100/50)||Market share||Complaints|
|State Farm||$390||16.03% ($3,074,590,659)||119|
|Liberty Mutual||$550||4.36% ($836,938,040)||64|
Get a free quote from the best of 200+ companies in 90 seconds.
Find affordable car insurance in your city
We recommend you to get car insurance quote and compare rates before choosing an insurance plan. People save up to 50% on car insurance by using our comparison shopping.
Car Insurance Rates in Killeen by ZIP codes
The table below lists the average insurance rates for 50/100/50 (minimum liability) accross the zip codes in Killeen. We have omitted the zip codes that has same insurance rates. If your zip code is not listed in the table, please refer to the zip code near to you since the insurance rates will be same as of the neighbouring zip code.
Insurance Agents in Killeen, TX and Near by
1.3 miPaul Jo311 N 8th St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 526-4447
1.3 miBest Buy Insurance318 N 10th St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 616-8282
1.3 miMike Acosta510 S 2nd St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 634-3590
1.3 miA-Max Auto Insurance908 N Gray St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 554-7000
1.3 miTommy Roberts1015 N 8th St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 634-4664
1.3 miTexian Insurance Agency810 W Rancier Ave Ste 700, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 526-4040
1.3 miBecky Isbell1808 E Rancier Ave, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 634-5433
1.3 miFreeway Insurance920 W Rancier, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 859-4005
1.3 miK. Sue Reiley1801 Trimmier Rd Ste A1, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 526-6332
1.3 miMichael Keefe1801 Trimmier Rd Ste A1, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 526-7123
1.3 miAcceptance Auto Insurance1034 S Fort Hood St, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 501-9900
1.3 miMelvin Hershberger1805 Florence Rd Ste 15, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 519-7858
1.3 miAll American Insurance1805 Florence Rd Ste 7, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 526-2223
1.3 miRobert Easland1805 Florence Rd Ste 11, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 628-8448
1.3 miBigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance2100 Trimmier Rd Ste 100, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 699-7100
1.3 miMichael Pressley1107 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 519-2100
1.3 miAlan Cox1201 E Central Texas Expwy, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 699-2277
1.3 miInsurance Agency Mall2000 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76541(254) 634-7441
10.77 miCobb Insurance Agency1536 W Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX 76549(254) 304-2554
10.77 miLarry Weiss Insurance Agency2204 W Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX 76549(254) 554-5252
10.77 miJoaquin Carrasquillo4200 W Stan Schlueter Loop Ste B-200, Killeen, TX 76549(254) 245-9779
6.3 miTexas Farm Bureau Insurance4200 E Stan Schlueter Loop Ste D, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 690-7111
6.3 miLori Miranda1002 Ronstan Dr, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 702-6046
6.3 miKimberley Curb Bridenstine501 W Elms Rd Ste 2, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 526-0426
6.3 miLeah McGee1900 E Elms Rd Suite 100 A, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 634-9600
6.3 miDoug Tracey2100 E Stn Schltr Loop Ste G, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 628-7997
6.3 miShawn Camp Insurance Agency2705 E Stan Schlueter Loop Ste 101, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 526-0535
6.3 miDonald Keith2707 E Stan Schlueter Loop Ste 104, Killeen, TX 76542(254) 630-5152
6.47 miWilliam Rochelle4400-3 E Ctrl Tx Expy Ste C, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 699-2100
6.47 miAll Star Insurance Agency3603 E Veterans Memorial Blvd, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 690-9400
6.47 miValerie Martin410 S 38th St, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 634-3283
6.47 miRoss Caviness2201 SW South Young Ste 105, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 526-4400
6.47 miHerbert Moffett3401 E Rancier Ave Ste 116, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 690-0141
6.47 miConnell Insurance Agency3602 E Central Expwy, Killeen, TX 76543(254) 200-4822
Learn More About Car Insurance in Killeen, TX
Helpful Info on Texas Car Insurance
Here is a list of useful information regarding Texas car insurance and driving in Texas roads.
|Total vehicles registered||24,527,939|
|Total uninsured motorists||14.1%|
|Estimated economic loss of all vehicle crashes||$38.4 billion|
Different car insurance coverage options available in Texas
There are different coverages to protect your family and your car in the event of an accident. It is always better to have enough coverage to not incur any loss in such scenarios. Below is a list of coverages available in Texas state.
- Liability covers for the payment to other car driver and car met by accident caused by you. Texas law requires you to have at least 30/60/25 coverage. This will cover for injuries $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. It also covers for property damage up to $25,000. It is better to have enough coverage than just having the minimum required 30/60/25 coverage to make sure all the losses are covered with your insurance.
- Collision covers for the expenses on your car caused by accident.
- Comprehensive covers your car cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism.
- Medical payments cover your's and your passenger's medical bills
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage but also covers for the loss of pay and other non-medical expenses caused by accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers for the damage to you and your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. This is required in Texas, but you can opt-out from this coverage.
- Towing and labor covers for the pay for towing your car and labor cost.
- Rental reimbursement covers the payment for rental car service used when your car which had an accident is being repaired.
The insurance rates mentioned in this article is based on the average amount for a 30 year old female purchasing 50/100/50 ($50,000 for injury liability for one person, $100,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) liability car insurance coverage. The premium rate can be higher or lower than the rates specified depending on the type of coverage one may choose, deductibles applied and the discounts offered by insurance company.